Monday 14 November 2016

Design for screen - Brief interpretation

When this brief was presented I saw a great opportunity to do what I feel more comfortable with, which is design on screen, and proof myself what is the path I should take in my career as graphic designer.

The first ideas that came to my mind were examples of bad user interface or experience design, such as No Man's Sky inventory interaction or controls, or making a new app based on a gadget that appears in an episode of Black Mirror, which consisted in transferring contact info contactless, just putting one phone next to another.

But focusing on something I use everyday, it is imperative to name Netflix. Its simplicity makes me feel that I don't have control over it, not a very positive characteristic of an UX. The simplicity that characterises Netflix might have crossed the line where it is not helping making things easier, but it feels limiting instead.

After giving it a think, I've considered other film based platforms that are not in competence with Netflix that could improve the current experience and make it more engaging and interactive while also keeping the simplicity other people might find pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment