Friday 25 December 2015

Type setting

In order to practise type setting skills the Mouse's Tale had to be represented in a modernist and a post-modernist way.

I found easier to come up with a modernist approach. Using the same font size, tracking and leading and try to match as accurately as possible the words with the photograph of a mouse profile.





Modernist Outcome


Following a same approach, and inspired on this image, I tried to build a mouse face using text. It was not possible because I needed more text to fill the empty spaces (and I eventually had to use the image to make the mouse stand out), but it was an interesting exercise as I wouldn't have been able to know what is necessary for this kind of design. Also, a previous vectorisation of the background would have been helpful to identify more clearly where the colours and shapes where necessary, like it can be seen in this example.
Post-modernist outcome

No comments:

Post a Comment